Monday, January 5, 2009

Post the Third - Goodbye Again.

I'm packed, my documents are in order, all I need to do is borrow my mom's wireless mouse and I've got all my gear.

So in about 36 hours, I'm out of the States. I wanted to write a note on New Year's Day, but I guess this is sort of my way of acknowledging the new year.

2008 is over. I can't say it was one of my favorite years... but it had it's great points, and I really do treasure those moments and the people I got to share them with.

I lost contact with a few of you, and I'm afraid that being in a different country won't help matters, but I hope that we'll get to fix that soon.

To the people I got to know better, to say that it was simply a pleasure is a great understatement.

To the people I met, I hope I'll get to talk to you more. It was wonderful to meet you.

To the other folks studying abroad, I'm right there with you for the most part, though the different country thing changes some things, haha. But hey, we're in it together.

To my hometown folks, I miss you greatly. I hope that wherever you are in this world, you're happy and safe, and it's been a long time since I've seen a lot of you, but I know we'll pick up right where we left off. We always do.

To the folks at Urbana, I know you guys will have a great semester, and I'm very jealous I won't be there for it, good times and bad times both. But I hope that you'll share it with me as I hope to share my experiences with you, that somehow we'll cross the divide. It's not face to face daily contact, but it's something.

So I guess this is where I have to say goodbye, but it's a goodbye in the physical sense. I'm always here, and if there's anything I can do, even though I'm not here (there?), don't even think twice about asking me. I'll hire some handy minions to take care of it.

Don't forget me, and there's no way I can forget you.

Goodbye again.

6 comments:

  1. I should hope not. lol.

    have a great flight. and have a great trip. I'm jealous in more ways that I could possibly tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a good flight and semester! thanks for the vote of confidence. keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not ready anymore. D: lol I'll see you there! FB message me your phone # there so I can call you or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're just taking a temporary leave of absence. you'll be back before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey sweta dear, how does one shop for a voltage converter >.<

    thanks bunches!

    ReplyDelete